Solving problems is our
What can we help you with that will make your day run smoother?
Community service is an important part of what we do.
As both a public benefit corporation and a Certified B Corporation, APEX Surface Care is committed to supporting the greater social good. We believe in giving back to the communities in which we live and work through donations, volunteer efforts and partnerships. Community service is core to our culture, and we encourage our employees to give back in ways that feel meaningful to them.
Our social mission, which is part of our legal documents, is made up of three main components:
- Advancing environmental sustainability initiatives through waste reduction and innovations in carpet and post-construction recycling
- Advancing and fostering external initiatives or organizations providing professional development assistance to women in the facilities and property management industry
- Advancing and fostering opportunities for our employees and the communities in which they work
We are committed to contributing 5% of our pre-tax profits toward funding our various community service efforts.
Community Giveback Program
In March 2020, we established the Community Giveback Program thanks to a generous client who committed to paying for its contracted building maintenance services even though its offices were closed due to the coronavirus pandemic. We have since committed to funding this program on a continual basis. Through this program, we provide pro bono cleaning and disinfecting services to select nonprofits, including women's shelters, family and child crisis centers, homeless shelters and food banks. To date, we have provided complimentary services to the following nonprofits:
- East Bay Agency for Children (Calif.)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver (Colo.)
- St. Vincent de Paul of Alameda County (Calif.)
- Tenderloin Community Benefit District (Calif.)
- Gatehouse Grapevine (Texas)
- Edgewood Center for Children and Families (Calif.)
- Project Youth OCBF (Calif.)
APEX Employee Giving Fund
The APEX Employee Giving Fund gives employees a voice in how we use allocated funds to support charities and other nonprofit organizations. Through this fund, each employee can donate to the 501(c)(3) of their choice and we will match the donation up to $200. Since establishing this policy in 2017, we have contributed thousands of dollars to dozens of charities.